Monday, October 14, 2013

Deciding to Backpack through Southeast Asia?

"Ya. Why not!" was my first reaction when my friend, Danielle asked me to travel to Thailand with her.

I really had no idea what Asia is like. I never really had an interest in travelling there. Once I did my research on Thailand, I became obsessed. Just looking at the pictures was incredible. There is no way I could pass up this opportunity. 

Once we started talking about Thailand, it just made sense to travel to more countries in Southeast Asia. We decided on Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam, Singapore and Malaysia due to time constraints and funds.

There were so many things we needed to look into before going: where to go? what medications do we need? what food should we eat or avoid? is it safe? how much money will we need? what are things we need to do? and what do we even pack for first time backpackers?

Danielle and I researched many different sources trying to find good advice for all these things. So I decided, why not write a blog and tell future backpackers about our experience and how we dealt with everything!

Hope you enjoy!

Danielle and I wrote a blog while we were there if you want to check that out too!
http://shaunadanielletakeasia.blogspot.ca/

No comments:

Post a Comment